Barbecue bacon & orange pork loin
Did you watch the Super Bowl? I didn’t. I ate pumpkin pie and popcorn and built a 7 ft. canvas. Sitting that long watching two teams I care nothing about and performers that have already hit their prime (sorry, Bey, still love you) interests me zero bit.
(can we just go back to these days, please??)
To be honest, my diy project was the most exciting thing I did all weekend (cue: yawn). Second and third place goes to my pork loin recipe and successful tripod headstand. Who am I?! …..get me a vodka water.
To start the week of right here’s a stinkin’ delicious barbecue bacon & orange pork loin recipe. If you like bacon, I promise, you’ll like it even more after this.
Enjoy it, ya’ lil porker.
- * 1 - 2lb pork loin
- * 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- * Orange zest (of one medium orange)
- * Orange juice (from 1 orange)
- * 4 orange slices
- * 1 cup paleo peach bbq sauce
- * 8 slices bacon (I used Applegate's organic sunday bacon)
- * 1/2 tbs chili powder
- * 1/4 tbs red pepper flakes
- * 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Season pork with salt and pepper
- Place pork loin in a large gallon bag
- Combine chopped scallions, orange zest, orange juice, bbq sauce, chili powder and red pepper flakes, place in bag with pork and seal
- Massage mixture into pork
- Refrigerate for 3-5 hours
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Place the eight slices of uncooked bacon vertically, side-by-side on a cutting board or plastic wrap
- Remove pork from bag and place on top of the bacon. Roll pork, making sure bacon wraps evenly around the loin
- (Place toothpicks to hold bacon in place if needed)
- Place 1 1/2 tbs coconut oil in cast iron pan and turn to high heat
- Place loin in pan and cook on each side for 3-5 minutes until bacon is golden brown
- Arrange the remaining orange slices on top of the loin and transfer cast iron pan to oven and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160F.
- Remove loin and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove orange slices, cut along bacon, serve and enjoy!
- Drizzle some more sauce and sprinkle some chopped scallions over to finish.
- (Sides: spicy twice baked sweet potato recipe coming soon!)