Bone broth is jam-packed with a TON of great things. Many of which our bodies are deficient in. Especially needed if we’re fighting reoccurring sicknesses.
(Healing Bone Broth recipe below)
|Calcium||Build and maintain strong bones. Heart, muscles and nerve functions; protecting against cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.|
|Phosphorus||Strengthen bones. Critical mineral used to maintain acid-base balance in the body.|
|Magnesium||300 biochemical reactions in the body depend on proper Magnesium levels. Transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth|
|Potassium||Relief from stroke, blood pressure, heart and kidney disorders, anxiety and stress, as well as enhanced muscle strength, metabolism, water balance, electrolytic functions, and nervous system.|
|Glycine||Promotes healthy immune, digestive and central nervous systems, production of muscle tissue and converting glucose into energy.|
|Proline||Amino acid needed for the production of collagen and cartilage. It keeps muscles and joints flexible and helps reduce sagging and wrinkling|
|Collagen||Bone and joint health (arthritis), normalize gut hormones, supports skin health.|
Since it’s full of needed nutrients, consuming helps aid:
- Healthy gut function
- Supports weakened immune system
- Muscle repair and growth
- Balanced nervous systems
- Reduction of inflammation in respiratory system
- Improved digestions
- Strengthen hair, skin and nails
If you’re feeling sluggish, sick or just plain old tired. Try this no-fuss, one pot healing bone broth recipe:
- Organic chicken (I got mine at HyVee – Bare Chicken for $7.99)
- I large onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 8-10 cups water
- Place whole chicken, spices and 1/2 onion in slow cooker (set aside water vinegar for later)
- Pour about 1/4 cup water over chicken. Place lid on.
- Set crock pot on high - cook for 4-5 hrs until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken and vegetables - let rest and cool.
- Once cool, shred chicken meat off of bones.
- Place bones and other 1/2 onion, water and vinegar back into crock pot.
- Cook on LOW from 8-10 hrs.
- Run broth through a strainer and place in a glass container.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- If fat deposits settle on top, scrap off with a spoon.
- Heat and enjoy!
- Add other vegetables and seasonings to your roast chicken for added flavor (carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, etc...)