I’m trying something new! I’m going to be sharing a day in the life: daily workouts & eats – hooray! Ya’ll know I love food, but honestly, before I found food, my life revolved around fitness. Things that you can expect: daily workouts, what I’m loving and maybe some workout attire and free workouts!
Last week I was sick with what was deemed as the respiratory flu and it bout near damn killed me. Seriously. I haven’t been that sick, ever. So this week I’m taking it slow. My lungs are still on fire and my exhaustion has been at about a seven.
Day in the life: workouts
5 am class – was feeling slow this morning. Definitely felt like I could’ve moved faster during the wod. Meh.
- 6×6 box squat at 60-70% — Went 135# — I’ve begun to loathe box squats. Mostly because the last couple times I’ve gone heavy they ruin my back (obviously due to my form/weak core…I’m working on it). Anyways… I was panting during these squats. They made me feel like I just ran a mile in between. So out of breath. So many.
A crazy combination of:
- 900 M row (Went 3:37)
- at 5:00 … 20 ball-over-shoulder (did 80#)
- 100 air squats
Doesn’t seem too bad, right? Wrong. I was so dead that I did some other weird combination and mistakenly did ball-over-shoulder for 3 minutes (don’t ask, I was confused). Yikes.
6 pm – headed back to the gym to work on some cleans for an upcoming competition. Worked up to a complex of power, full, front squat at 145#.
Day in the life: eats
- 4:45 am: Headed to the gym with my water and a little bit of warmed-up coffee. Worked out.
- 6:30 am: Got home and chugged another 24 ounces of water and made myself a cup of broth and sipped that while I got ready for work
- 8:00 am: Coffee made with one scoop of collagen and about 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Sipped that until about 10 am.
- 11:30 am: Ate breakfast waaaay later than usual (was feeling kinda yuck this morning). Breakfast consisted of 2 1/2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, 1/2 cup diced sweet potatoes, a chunk of beeler’s sausage and a handful of cooked kale.
- 2 pm. Lunch. Ate some superfood meatballs and a bunch of cooked vegetables (broccoli, kale, cauliflower, and carrots).
- 4 pm: Popped a snickerdoodle macro ball in my mouth and then headed to train a client.
- 6 pm: Went back to the gym to work on cleans.
- 7:30 pm: Got home. Ate some more superfood meatballs and about four mini Justin’s peanut butter cups (so deadly. so good)
That’s all she wrote, friends! Stay tuned for more of these.