Easy two-ingredient Instant pot coconut milk yogurt recipe
Swooning. That’s what I’m doing over my instant pot. I think this is the third post I’ve mentioned it since getting it and I’m not even sorry about it! This pot is amazing. Yes, it’s definitely an investment but well worth it! I promise. For starters, it cooked an entire five pound roasted chicken in 30 minutes (yes, thirty-freakin-minutes!). Secondly, I just made homemade coconut milk yogurt in it. If you’ve ever had good coconut milk yogurt, you know it’s expensive (I’m talking $3+ for a tiny container – yikes). This recipe makes an entire quart! That’s 32 ounces of delicious, no-fuss, no-sugar, no-additives, no-crap ingredients! That alone is worth investing in one of these. Yes, think of it like an investment (makes it easier to justify the purchase :)).
If you know me personally or follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been not feeling the best lately. A few weeks ago I started getting this itchy eczema on my arm and neck. A few days later the corner of my lip started cracking and peeling. It was the weirdest thing. Days later, the corner of my mouth got worse and started swelling and itching like crazy. Some general malaise came on, fatigue, headache, you name it, I probably felt it.
I did a ton of research, took all the necessary supplementation and even began an elimination diet to try and pin-point what was triggering this.
Interestingly enough, the obsessive “need to know” was (and still is) stressing me out. Which is definitely not helping the cause. I say this because I think there are times where we focus too much on our ailments and give them too much life and control. When we do this, we’re feeding into the issue more so than eradicating it. It’s a slippery slope and one that I’m still currently working through.
I’ll keep ya posted on my progress :)
Now back to this coconut milk yogurt recipe. Did I tell you it’s just two ingredients? It’s also sugar-free, dairy-free and additive-free! It’s rich, creamy, tart and just all-around delicious. It’d be great with a grain-free granola or mixed with some fresh berries.
The best part? It’s super easy. The instant pot is a life-saver for this recipe and it’s cooking process makes all the tartness difference. A true heat it and leave it snack.
- 3 cartons So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 probiotic capsules
- 1 32 oz. mason jar with lid
- Start with clean mason jar and add the contents of all 3 carton's of coconut milk to mason jar
- Pull apart probiotic capsule and pour contents into mason jar. Dispose of capsule shell.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place mason jar (without lid) in the basin of the instant pot (remove any attachments or steamer plate). Jar should sit evenly in bowl.
- Lock instant pot lid into place and move ventilation valve to "Sealing."
- Select "Yogurt" option. Time should default to 10:00. Increase (+) time to 12:00/12hrs (this makes yogurt more tart - like a Greek yogurt).
- After selecting 12:00, instant pot will automatically bring the pot to pressure and the timer to 12 hours will begin.
- Let the pot sit for it's allotted time.
- When 12 hours has passed. Instant pot will automatically depressurize (natural release). Do not quick release the pot.
- Once pressure is released, valve has dropped and lid has unlocked you can remove the lid and take out the jar of yogurt.
- Place the lid on the mason jar and refrigerate for 8-12 hours before serving.
- Add whatever toppings you'd like! Cacao nibs, blueberries, raw honey or granola.