fresh, crisp instant pot green apple chicken salad recipe
I love a good chicken salad. It may sound weird, but I crave cold salads in the winter. So much more than I do when the weather is warm. I think my taste-buds are even ready for some sun and warmth. This instant pot green apple chicken salad is so easy and takes about 5 minutes to assemble. Perfect for weekday meal prep.
Guys, it’s Friday! This week has been odd. Monday morning rolled around and I legitimately thought it was Sunday. I had to fight myself to believe that I had to wake up and go to work. When you start the week off like that it just sets the mood. Then I kept thinking that Wednesday was Thursday, Thursday was Friday….etc. I’ve been all out of sorts, so let’s just say I am thrilled it’s actually Friday and the weekend is upon us. Holla.
Speaking of this weekend. I get to guest present at a local chiropractic office! I’ve always loved public speaking (ever since grade school) so when I get the opportunity to speak in front of people about a topic I’m so passionate about and drop some knowledge-bombs, it’s a win-win.
Can we talk quick about the broad topic of knowledge?
Whenever I sit down with clients, one of the things I always encourage is information – digesting helpful, relevant information. Maybe the old adage is cliche – knowledge = power – but I believe it to be so so true. How can someone truly want to change their lifestyle. but not understand the why? Furthermore, how can someone be successful at changing their lifestyle if they don’t understand why they’re doing it, what it’s going to do for them and how to better manage and maintain it? I mean, tons of professional have to go through continuing education, don’t they? There’s a reason for that. Learning and diving deep into whatever topic that interests you is an investment. And when we invest, we’re much more likely to follow through.
Enough of my ramblings. Here’s the instant pot green apple chicken salad recipe – enjoy!
Similar recipes to try:
- 1 - 5lb whole chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo (I use Sir Kennsington)
- 2 tbs stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tbs dill weed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 green apples, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- salt to taste
- In your instant pot, place your strainer basket in the bottom.
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of pot.
- Set whole chicken on basket and sprinkle with salt.
- Close lid.
- Make sure valve is set to "Sealing"
- Hit "Manual" and set timer to 40 minutes (50-55 minutes for frozen).
- Once timer sounds, let chicken naturally release pressure (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove chicken and let rest until cool.
- Once chicken has cooled, begin shredding chicken by hand. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup mayo*, mustard, dill weed, cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add diced apples, green onions and salt. Stir to combine.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- If salad seems dry, add an additional 1/4 - 1/3 cup of mayo.