Guys – it’s in the negatives. It hurts. To put it in perspective, my hands have officially cracked, my blanket dress has become a daily necessity, tire pressure light went on and my nose has been running….and freezing anytime I set foot outside. All this happened just in time for me to get slightly sick of it and more excited for my trip to sunny Florida – woohoo!
Although I do love to travel, I also hate it. I hate airports, I hate flying and I hate the feeling of having my schedule completely thrown off. But, since I’m a crazy person, I try and plan ahead as much as possible to alleviate a lot of those anxieties.
What I’ve done so far …. I’ve researched a couple grocery stores in the area, which will likely be a first stop to stock up on some breakfast and snack foods. I’ve contacted a couple local CrossFit boxes and will be dropping in on a few classes (which I’m totally excited about) and I’ve set aside a few hotel workouts to do when I get some time. Done and done.
And while I was thinking about it, I organized a few quick tips to keeping travels healthy. I’ll be following each of these tips, which helps give me some more peace o’ mind. Check ’em out:
( And don’t forget to check out the Paleo Banana Coffee Cake Bread that I tried from paleomg below. It’s FANTASTIC!)
- 3 brown bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) grass fed butter, at room temperature (or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8.5×4.5 baking dish with oil then line the middle with parchment paper. It will make it easier to remove from the pan without it coming apart.
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and almond butter.
- Then add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add butter, coconut sugar, almond flour, cinnamon, and pecans. Use your hands to mix the toppings together.
- Place chunks of the toppings all around the top of the banana bread mixture.
- Place in oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.