Today I’m sharing these delicious Lemon Cream Pie Protein Bites that are to die for.
Ever since I indulged in a Hail Merry Lemon Tarte, I’ve had this insatiable craving for all things lemon. I used to be a huge fan of lemon bars growing up, so this love for lemon is nothing new. Thus, I made you all a healthy, lemony treat! It’s packed with tons of good fat and protein and a little sweetness to make it worth your while. And of course these Lemon Cream Pie Protein Bites are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want to hear what else I’m indulging in? You probably don’t, but I’m going to share anyways.
Ok, hear me out. I’ve always loved my bed and I’m a big fan of lots of sleep. BUT, I’ve always had this weird inability to just “hang-out” or relax in my bed other than right before bedtime. I’ve tried to, but I get bored or antsy and the next thing I know, I’m rearranging my closet.
This last week or so, I’ve been trying to indulge in more self-care practices. Prioritizing the relaxation that my body needs (but my mind won’t let me accept).
It’s been glorious.
Spend some time in bed. It does wonders.
My newest Netflix addiction. It’s pretty much the English-version of Orange is the New Black but way more badass. Think prison fights and prison gangs.
Isabel Foxen Duke.
She’s the mastermind behind emotional eating and creator of How to Not Eat Cake. I watched her video series on emotional eating and really enjoyed what she had to say.
I also just shared a post from her that really hit home. In her post “Eating whatever I want,” she talked about looking at your body as what it really is, instead of as a constant home improvement project. She encouraged changing our perspective to one of self-care rather than self-loathing. Finally, that food should be about what makes you feel good – not what food I should or shouldn’t have.
Have you seen my latest Instagram posts and stories? I’ve been drinking a lot of tea.
In addition to supporting my liver/gallbladder with some healing herbs, something warm brings me a lot of comfort.
And lemons …
Lemon Cream Pie Protein Bites, here you go:
Lemon Cream Pie Protein Bites
Full of good protein, fats & a touch of sweetness. Perfect for summer!
Write a review
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 3 tbs organic local honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about two lemons worth)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 scoops vital protein collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tbs organic local honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Lemon zest
- In a saucepan, combine cashew butter, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and collagen powder. Stir on low heat until combined. Remove from heat.
- Pour lemon layer into silicone molds (or use an ice cube tray) about half full. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- While first layer is freezing, combine coconut cream, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a blender and pulse quickly to combine ingredients.
- After first layer has set for about an hour, remove and pour coconut cream layer on top. Sprinkle with some lemon zest and place back into the freezer for 1-2 hours until set*
- Remove from freezer, let sit to thaw slightly and enjoy!
- *Enjoy the bites stored frozen or refrigerated. The consistency will be slightly softer and fudgier if left in refrigerator (how I enjoyed mine).