Peanut Butter & Jelly Fat Bomb recipe!
This is going to be random, because I truly have nothing educational or interesting in my brain. All productive mindfulness is being planted into my job right now – gotta keep that afloat while I can.
So, let’s chat about personal, random things, shall we? Take a step away from fitness, nutrition, wellness for a second. (I’ll be back, I promise … and speaking of that, send me some questions. It’s so much more fun answering people’s questions – for me and for you!)
Recipe update: Peanut Butter & Jelly Fat Bombs for your valentine-eating pleasure. Eat your heart out (oh, so punnnny).
One other update, podcast episode 7 is in the works, kind of. I could literally NOT speak last night whilst trying to record. I kept tripping over my words, stuttering, thinking about donuts and was making zero sense. Let me get back to that and I appreciate the patience.
Because it’s February and the month of L-O-V-E. I’m going to share some things I’m loving right now. K? Ok.
First up – Scandal. Did you watch Scandal last week?! Oh em geee. A couple things from the episode:
- Sorely disappointment with Oliva’s wardrobe, am I right?
- Where was the wine?? And popcorn??
- Why does she walk so aggressively….always?
- I needed to see about 50% more of Jake that episode.
- And when is Harrison coming back? We all know he’s not really dead
Coffee. I just love it. I don’t ever really get a “caffeine buzz” from it anymore. More so a comfort buzz. I just love the smell, the warmth, the taste. If someone were to ask me what my favorite comfort food is, I would not hesitate to say coffee.
The Brooklyn Duo. A pianist and cellist who record covers ranging from John Legend to Taylor Swift. They’re immaculate and so soothing. If you’re looking for something fun, but also relaxing, check them out. You won’t be disappointed.
“What on Earth Am I Here For?” I’m not a big book reader. I usually lean for articles, podcasts and videos. But I picked this book up the other day. Not sure why either. The premise is that nothing is by accident. We all have a purpose and a plan; and although we may not feel it or know what that is – we have to put or faith and talents into something greater. It’s definitely religious, but right now that’s exactly what I need.
Fat bombs. Say what? Yep. They’re a thing. It’s really just a delicious compilation of good-quality fats and whatever else you think is tasty into this beautiful little cup of fatty-goodness. There’s actually a recipe for my valentine day themed, peanut butter and jelly fat bomb below. Real talk: fat is good. It keeps you full and provides longer-burning energy.
Looking for other Valentine’s Day inspired meals?
- Barbecue bacon & orange pork loin
- Paleo Salmon Scampi
- Spicy Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup
- Breakfast in Bed Paleo Sweet Rolls
Peanut Butter & Jelly Fat Bombs
Keto approved. Can substitute peanut butter for any other nut butter
Write a review
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- Himalayan sea salt
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup coconut creme
- 3 drops stevia
- In a bowl, combine bottom layer ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mixture should be crumbly.
- In a lined cupcake pan, place 2tbs of bottom layer mixture into the bottom of each tin. Press down mixture firmly with thumbs Place in freezer.
- In a blender or food processor, combine middle layer ingredients on high until creamy and incorporated. Remove pan out of freezer and layer 2 tbs. of the peanut butter* mixture on top. Use a spoon (or your fingers) to level the layer. Place in freezer.
- In a blender or food processor, combine defrosted strawberries, coconut creme and stevia. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Remove pan and pour 2 tbs of strawberry mixture on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place back into freezer for 3-5 hours or until cups are set and completely frozen.
- Once frozen, peel back liner and enjoy!
- *substitute peanut butter for any other nut butter
- Fat bombs hold up best in freezer, but can be stored in refrigerator. (Note: add 1-2 tbs. of coconut oil to strawberry mixture if you're planning on storing in refrigerator - this will keep them a little more stable)