Coconut Peanut Butter Protein Bar Recipe
My eye keeps twitching. And I have no idea why. Originally I thought it was due to the copious amount of burpee box overs I did at last weekend’s competition, but it’s now three days post hell and this little lid continues to just keep rap-a-tapping away. It’s gotten to the point where I’m actually legitimately annoyed with myself and my eyeball. Uhh…. I digress….
Speaking of last weekend’s competition, two things:
- Women are great and amazing. The comp was an all-ladies CrossFit Comp and the amount of energy, passion and strength that was bumpin’ between those walls was electric. You had teenagers and mothers and every one in between. I loved it. Speaking of women empowerment, did you see T.Swfit’s Grammy Acceptance Speech? Ugh, can I be like 1/10 as baller as she? Straight, savage.
- I made this dope protein bar recipe. Usually I don’t do peanut butter (because it hurts my stomach), but I started with a little of the all-natural, raw kind that you grind yourself and I seemed to handle it pretty well. BUT — they turned out phenomenal. SO guuuuuud. so good in fact that the Coconut Peanut Butter Protein Bar Recipe is below. Enjoy.
In other news: my Nutritional Therapy class starts next week. Holla. Can’t wait to share the wealth of information I’m going to be consuming for the next year. Get ready for some healthy-knowledge bombs.
Things I’m loving: my French press. It makes coffee at least a hundred times better (source). I’ve been doing it every morning at my desk and although I look totally ridiculous and high maintenance, I don’t even care. It’s deeeelicious. Ugh. Time machine to tomorrow morning, now.
Things I’m learning: Think about passing on the water during dinner time. Water consumption “distinguishes” your digestive fire during eating – aka – potentially not able to digest your food and its nutrients as well.
Things I’m loathing: Meal replacement shakes. Cue: eye roll. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about these products (both negatives and positives) and all I have to say is this: a nutritious, wholesome meal CANNOT be replaced (equally) by a shake. End of story. There’s no comparison. If you want to drink these, great. But drink them as a “snack” or if you’re stranded on a deserted island and no other food options are readily available (awesome article here).
Now get to enjoying this Coconut Peanut Butter Protein Bar Recipe:
Coconut Peanut Butter Protein Bars
A spin-off of LCK cranberry protein bar recipe :)
Write a review
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw peanut butter
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tbsp raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 6 scoops Teres Whey Grassfed Vanilla Protein
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 Organic dark chocolate chunks/Enjoy Life's Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 c crushed cashews
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix until dough-like consistency
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Roll out dough into a flat and even square (note: if you have a bigger baking dish, simply roll out the square to one side)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly hardened (watch it - mine cooked really fast!)
- Let cool and slice into squares
- Add in other nuts if you prefer or dried fruit!
Adapted from Lexi's Clean Kitchen
Adapted from Lexi's Clean Kitchen