Simple Squares Collaboration + Raw Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake
Oh dear. Has it been a month already? Yikes. Well, I’m back and it’s officially fall here in the Quad Cities and I’m full-on sweater mode, the moccasin slippers are out and I just received my brand-spankin’ new InstantPot in the mail. It’s still in the box because I’m slightly terrified of it. For starters, I hate reading instruction manuals, but I feel like it’s absolutely necessary … have you seen the horror stories these pots can cause? It’s horrific. However, I’ve found for every horror story there are a million “this is the best thing you’ll ever buy!” I’m going to lean on the positive, read that dang manual and hopefully it’ll be smooth sailing from here on out … to be continued.
Speaking of fall – I’m sharing my new-found favorite recipe with you today – Raw Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake. It’s heavenly and surprisingly super simple to make. I teamed up with my dear friends over at Simple Squares to dream up this recipe and I promise you, it does not disappoint!
I mean, com’on? How can you not get down with pumpkin and cheesecake? It’s a match made in dessert heaven.
Fall flavors are just the best. Does any other season really have a flavor mascot? Sure there’s gingerbread for winter and maybe lemon for summer? But pumpkin and cinnamon are over here just owning it. And I love it.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, raw and of course, paleo approved. The crust is made with Simple Squares Cinna-Clove bar (right now get 15% off using code: wellu15) and the pumpkin cheesecake is perfectly sweet, tart and creamy.
And don’t forget to tag me in your recipe posts!
- 2 Cinna-Clove Simple Squares
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 Tbs. vanilla
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbs. Chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 Tbs. honey
- In a small rectangular baking dish, place 2 Simple Squares Cinna-clove bars on bottom of dish and press firmly to spread over the entire surface. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir mixture on low heat to melt and combine.
- Stir in cashew butter until creamy.
- Add pure pumpkin puree and continue string on low heat.
- Remove from heat and add chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Place dish in freezer for 1 hour to let set.
- Combine coconut cream and honey and whisk until fluffy.
- Pour over cold cheesecake.
- Cheesecake can be stored in freezer or refrigerator.
- For cheesecake bites, use a silicone mold and place 1/4 of Simple Squares into the bottom of each mold and top with filling. Freeze before serving.
Wanting more pumpkin? Try my gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe!