Ugh. I’m the worst. I haven’t posted a new recipe or post in…..forever.
Life’s busy. Good enough excuse? Sure.
My brain is shot. Between work, training and attempting to study for my NTC midterm, I have about zero brain power to devote to much else. Hence the reason I have not done anything on the blog in some time. Apologies.
I have nothing good to report on, so I’m going to ramble on a handful of random things. Most of which you probably won’t care about. If that’s the case, scroll down. My Salmon Vegetable Curry recipe is below (and to die for).
- I read this kick ass post today, “What does healthy even mean?” — it hit home. I’ve been menaing to write or should I say, publish one of the many draft articles I’ve written on this subject. However, Robyn hits it home. Read it. It won’t disappoint.
- I hate the bachelorette so much. I try to watch it so I can contribute to office banter, but I just can’t. I tried to watch it the other night and made it about ten minutes in before I nearly lost it. Give me live, unscripted tv or true reality tv. This inbetweener stuff with this so-called “Chad” character… for real? I’m going to put $100 on the fact that he’s actually a starving actor. No way a) he’s like that in “real” life or b) the other dudes and JoJo are believing any of it… #Bye
- I’m slowly trying out yoga. I’ve been told on multiple occasions I need to find something “calming” to do (FYI: don’t tell people that. because when you do, it almost always stresses them the f out). Kidding. Kind of. Obviously I listened, because it’s true, I need some kind of calming force in my life. Yoga used to actually give me anxiety because I wasn’t good at it and I felt embarrassed. So, had to shove the ego aside and I’m actually starting to really enjoy it.
- I ate the best gluten-free donut of my life this past weekend. Told myself I was just going to have a bite. Yeah-freaking-right. Whole thing – goner. (Thank you, Stans!)
- Lack of sleep is my kryptonite (does that even make sense? meh…) but for real, give me less than 6 hours of sleep and I become the worst version of myself. Proof: Got about 3 hours of sleep Saturday (totally worth it), BUT Sunday evening (after working) I’m at the grocery store totally irritable, overtired and just wanting to be in my bed… I get to the check-out lane and there’s like 7 people ahead of me with jam-packed carts. I seriously almost started crying. CRYING! What is wrong with me… I’m like a little adult toddler.
- Drool worthy moment. I love PaleOMG’s posts and recipes. She’s hilarious and kind of an asshole, but that’s also why I like her. Anyways, I’ll be making her Chocolate “Peanut” Butter Cookie Bars as soon as I can eat sugar again…
- Current obsession: Kombucha. AND I found out that Dunn Bros sells it on tap?! WHAT.
Now that I’ve wasted ten minutes of your life…
Salmon Vegetable Curry
Salmon Vegetable Curry
Write a review
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups raw broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 container mushrooms
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tables curry paste
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (+ for spiciness)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut sugar (optional, but recommend)
Start with sauce
- In a large stir-fry pan, on medium heat, combine sauce ingredients, mix until incorporated
Add curry ingredients
- Cut salmon into bit-sized chunks, let simmer in sauce for 5 minutes
- Add green beans, mushrooms and green onions, let simmer for 5 minutes
- Finally, add broccoli and let simmer for 2-3 minutes until bright green
- Serve over cauliflower rice or white rice.
- I chopped up a half of an avocado and garnished the curry.