Friends, I’m coming atcha a day early so you’re 100% prepared to take on taco tuesday! My paleo tortilla recipe is super easy and super inexpensive – a win-win.
I’ve always had a fixation with tacos. From an early age, my family (starting with my grandma) would have tacos for special occasions. When most families would celebrate Christmas with a nice ham or roast, we’d do tacos. And it wasn’t just any, store-bought taco party. No, my grandma (and now my mom) would fry the shells, slow cook the meat and beans. It was glorious. A meal that all of us still eagerly await.
When my allergies spurred up a few years ago, I was sorely disappointment that I couldn’t indulge in some of my favorite childhood foods (pasta dishes, homemade grilled pizzas and of course, tacos). I’ve slowly been incorporating small bits and pieces of these delicious meals with the help of some amazing companies and their products (Simple Mills, Capellos, Siete), but I still missed the homemade version of my favorites.
So today I’m bringing you a homemade paleo tortilla – perfect for tomorrow’s and every taco tuesday from here on out.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 3/4 cup of tapioca flour
- 2 tbs of coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a blender add all ingredients.
- Blend on high until incorporated.
- Heat skillet with extra oil (medium heat)
- Scoop 1/3 cup mixture into hot skillet and let cook on each side for 2 minutes (flip when bubbles start to form and edges begin to brown)*
- Add taco meat and toppings.
- *If mixture begins to thicken, add 1tbs of water and blend until it thins.